Vauxhall Corsa still top selling car in August
- Vauxhall Corsa remains the UK’s best-selling new car in August
- More than 25,941 units sold in the first eight months of the year
- August saw Vauxhall record its strongest passenger car performance in five years – with August market share up two percentage points to 6.74% for the month
- Mokka-e is highest-selling electric B-SUV in August
- Mokka-e also best-selling electric B-SUV year-to-date among retail buyers
The award-winning Vauxhall Corsa remains the UK’s best-selling new car, according to the latest new car registration figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).
With 1,608 sold in August, and 25,941 in total for the first eight months of 2022, the Corsa has outsold every other passenger car so far this year. Vauxhall’s fully electric Mokka-e was also the best-selling electric B-SUV in August, with 395 units sold. August saw Vauxhall achieve its strongest market share performance in five years – with its passenger car market share up two percentage points to 6.74% for the month.
Across both passenger cars and Light Commercial Vehicles, Vauxhall is now the third-highest selling manufacturer in the UK, with 74,674 vehicles sold in the first eight months of the year.